From time to time, parents thinking about enrolling their child in soccer ask me this question, "Why Soccer?"
I usually pause for a moment and think what are we really teaching as coaches of the beautiful game? I could easily tell them my love affair with the game but I don't think that's what they are looking for.
So, in no particular order.
1) Soccer teaches patience.
2) Soccer teaches respect for others.
3) Soccer teaches communication skills.
4) Soccer teaches healthy competition.
5) Soccer provides quality exercise.
6) Soccer teaches teamwork.
7) Soccer develops a well-rounded child.
8) Soccer provides opportunities to build lasting friendships.
9) Soccer teaches focus and mental strength.
10) Soccer allows families to bond watching their children play the game.
As a coach, this is why I do what I do.
If you're thinking about enrolling your son/daughter for the spring MPRSL season, registration is open now at http://www.mprecsoccer.com/registration.html
Coach Jason Broadwater